Who Zest is
Director, Writer, Editor
Heather worked in customer publishing in both the UK and Australia for 10 years, and has worked as a freelance writer and editor for another 10. She has also worked in government and non-profit organisations.
- Hardie Grant Magazines, Melbourne – managing editor
- John Brown Publishing, London – managing editor
- Community Services Victoria – editor
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society, Adelaide – editor and communications officer
- Australian Society of CPAs, Melbourne – promotions and communications officer
Some of the clients Heather has worked with either in customer publishing or in her freelance career include:
- Australian Medical Association (SA Branch)
- Records and Information Management Professionals Australasia
- Royal Automobile Association (RAA)
- Mining and Quarrying OHS Committee
- Portway Housing Association
- Arts SA
- City of Adelaide
- National Pharmacies
- Vic Tourism
- Virgin Atlantic (UK)
- InterCity Trains (UK)
- Spice Girls and 19 Management (UK)
Heather has written for a range of magazines and newspapers including: Country Style, Fleurieu Living, Interiors, Period Home Renovator, Nature and Health, Just Health + Beauty, Healthy (UK), Sydney Morning Herald, Clubmag and more.
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and English), University of Tasmania
- Diploma of Professional Writing and Editing, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Diploma of Transpersonal Counselling, Ikon Institute
Heather is a member of the South Australian Society of Editors.
Heather has been a member of the Board at the Cancer Care Centre Inc. and Australians Against Racism, for whom she co-edited Dark Dreams: Australian Refugee Stories and There’s No Place Like Home (with Eva Sallis and Sonia Dechian) published by Wakefield Press.